Wednesday 20 June 2012

Solstice Prayer Mate | My Little Mantis

I spotted this delicate little visitor in the kitchen and watched it make its way along the floor at quite a speed before swooping down to pick it up. It is only about 3cm long, in another photo you can see how large Marduk's hair is by comparison.

S/he was very interactive and curious, tapping on the olloclip lens with a raptorial foreleg as I moved in close to get into focus and jumping up onto my hand at another point. I watched for a while, seeing it carefully clean its face with comically curious little motions; if I'd been able to maintain focus with the olloclip I'd have videod it. It travelled the length of my arm and made its way onto my back, which it explored fully, giving me feedback of its location with little tickles!

Photo

Feeling grateful for the Mantis' message on this day, I set him/her among the plants outside by my bedroom and thanked it for this and for coming in to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment